Friday, November 5, 2010

COMMENTS FOR KIDS #3-7

i love blogging
#3- I commented on a student in 2nd grade at Pt. England School in Auckland, NZ. This was a new student in the class and we were to say hello to her. Here is my commment, "Hi Akaiti! What a beautiful name! My name is Margeaux Estevane. I am a college student at University of South Alabama. I just wanted to say hello and that I hope you have a great year this year and you meet lots of wonderful friends in your new class!!!!"

#4- Isabella is a year 6 student at a school in Sydney, Australia. She blogged about a recent trip she made to China. This girl was an extraordinary writer. Very descriptive. Here is what I wrote to her, "
Hi Izzy. My name is Margeaux. I go to college at University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I am reading your blog as a requirement for my educational media class. Wow! Shanghai!! I have always wanted to visit China. How exciting. Do you visit there often? I take it that you have family there. After reading your post about Day 2 in China, I felt as if I was there with you. Such vivid details. You are a phenomenal writer. Great Blog!"

#5- This was a high school student who writes a post about a book called Poisonwood Bible. It is a book about how girls are rejected in education and the oppression of women. Here is my comment, "
Hi! I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at University of South Alabama. Great Post. You are a fantastic writer. It is plain to see that you have a lot of confidence in your abilities as a student. I think that is vital. I enjoyed the section on the Poisonwood Bible. Sounds like an interesting book. But I agree, it is time to break the cycle. Generation after generation are just repeating what they learned growing up and it is time to break free from that. So many different issues in life reside in the same phenomenon. If half of the kids had the same will and confidence as you, I think the situation would shift. Great post! Great Writing!"

#6- On Comments for Kids #6, we were asked to comment on a 6th grade student from Iowa. This young man, in his blog, writes a story with the letters backwards and asks if we can make out what the words say. He also wrote a "What If" poem, what if there was no sky, what if we couldn't say hi, what if we couldn't cry..there were 15 "what if's" Here is what I said, "Hi Josh. I am a college student at University of South Alabama. I thought this post was really cool. Very different. It took me a few minutes to figure out the words but I was finally able to get the gist of it. Also, I enjoyed your “What If” Post. Very clever. I liked how you made everything rhyme. You sound like a very creative writer. I find myself asking some of those questions sometimes..What If? Very good job on your blog. Keep up the good work!!!!"

#7- I was asked to comment on Mr. McClung's blog. Mr. McClung is an 8th grade teacher at Woodland Jr. High located in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This is a clipping from Mr. McClung's "about me" section of his blog. "I focus centrally about team/partner work. I believe that it is hard for every student to learn from traditional teaching methods. I try my best to keep things as fresh as possible and FUN for my students." He is very down to earth and seems very dedicated to his students. Mr. McClung does a "band of the week" post. The particular post that I commented on, the band he had listed was called Arcade Fire. Here is what I wrote, "Hi Mr. McClung. Im from Dr. Strange’s EDM class. I love this idea of Band of the Week! What a down to earth teacher you seem to be. I actually remember hearing this song, Wake Up, on Where the Wild Things Are. I listened to a few of their other songs as well. Cool Band. What in the world is a hurdy gurdy?! I am going to google that right now! I look forward to seeing next week’s band!"

No comments:

Post a Comment