Monday, November 29, 2010

COMMENTS FOR TEACHERS 4

I was assigned to report on Jenny Luca's blog, Lucacept intercepting the Web. Jenny is Head of Information Services at Toorak College in Mt.Eliza in Melbourne, Australia. I love her blog. She has a lot of really informative posts along with a lot of just for fun stuff.

The first blog I responded to was Google' s Book to Help Us Understand the Web. 20 things I've learned about Browsers and the Web. This is an online book which explain how the web works. My response to her post : I thought that it was a great online tool for anyone that has any questions about the Web. A lot of people just use the internet but do not really know a lot about what is behind it. This online book goes into great detail explaining what’s behind the different concepts like malware and cookies, and what exactly they mean. I think that it is safe to say that computers really are so much a part of our lives and predominantly will become more so over the years. Everyone should know as much as they can know about it, especially because for the average person, our personal information is out there.

In her second post..one of the "fun" ones..she posted several videos pertaining to Flash Mobs. Now I have never heard of Flash Mob before coming across them in her blog. Apparently a group of people just break out into a performance anywhere. In these cases they were at the food court in the mall and at an airport. Another one was a spoof of a flash mob from the TV show "Modern Family" Here are two from her blog that I thought were post worthy. It made me feel really good just watching them. I couldn't imagine how it would have been to actually be there. And the best part about it was how happy the people seemed to be in the midst of all of it. It seemed as if it were a really inspirational moment to be apart of. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment